Thursday, December 4, 2008

Candle MARCH in December!!!


It's just been so long I feel that I haven't really gone out done something which makes me feel good. I had been to the peace rally on 3rd dec. Me along with my friends had put up a rally ... we walked from my college ie; Wilson college to the Gateway of India . It was kind of unusual and not so regular , this time we took a pluck card it said "one month from now, would you still CARE?"
That's it. It was more than enough to carry one ! It created a huge reaction! People on going used to just look at it and make an expression of they know what'll happen... We walked quitely and a few were discussing the whole issue of politics and leaders and all that. I am never into these conversations , I prefer walking by and observing the peoples expression. For the first time I saw Marine Drive's path empty, not literally, there were people sitting but not to a large extent. We walked and walked , each one of us was searching for some seriousnes... SERIOUS seriousness.
We reached the gateway but couldn't go there! There were herds of people around and the whole way was blocked. We first met Anand who gave us these pamphlets to distribute. It was about getting the reaction converted into a thought .. process it and then into an action.
Many people react in a very angrered way, the aim was not to get angry and talk about other faults. It was to respond to what's happening around. The candle march seemed to be a huge success. There were many kinds of people. Many like me ... many who were aggressive , obnoxious, angry, peace loving, demanding... Overall, every single step that I took towards the GATEWAY, the motive behind walking for it was changing. There were groups of people who blamed other countries and all , it was Harsh and real ugly. Few rallies wanted to make peace and all that, a few wanted re - ellection and a new leader, few wanted justice. All were there, screaming out loud and yelling on top of their voices, a few had just come to see the crowd!
Well, we walked in groups of 4 and I got seperated from my group. I got done with my work so I decided to walk back and there I saw the Pluck card which We had carried. Disha was holding that in betweent he road and I realised that was simply amazing. I deciced to join Disha and Vallari... the three of us just stood there holding the card and without and expression. Ongoing people were giving it a look, they read it... " one month from now, would you still care?"
A few responded positively and a few faced the truht by simply nodding their heads.
It started getting chaotic so we decided to leave.The card had its own purpose to be seen so we stood on the footpath opposite REGAL and stood there. The response was AMAZING. Many came clicked a picture of it , few people actually stood by and talked to us about the matter!!!
I never really got the whole idea behind the Peace March because, firstly, what was happening there was not peace for sure. And, no one actually wanted peace. Everyone just wanted to be a part of it!
The whole rally was responseful but some how meaning and motive coudln't be found.
I guess, it got lost somewhere...
Somewhere in between the Crowd !!!

No comments: