Sunday, December 28, 2008

To Uran And Back ALONE... Sounds Fun!!!





It was a very important decision for me to make. I had to choose between birds and friends. Well, I thought since I meet my friends regularly lets so meet the friends who have arrived migrating from other regions. Well, It was A sunday it all happened... I had pre planned to go bird watching to Uran With W.C.N.C members. I thought lets go ...So i woke up at around 4.30.. and met these people at dadar by 6. First time in my life, I was on time! :) I was really charged up in the morning as we took a Bus from Dadar to Uran. We were 11 of us and all were a mixed group who had come for birdwatching.
We were in the Super luxurious vibrator bus which never stopped moving and giving us pains whenever we tried resting ourselves on its seats. We were almost there... Till then we realised.. We Had almost been there and we skipped 2 stops from the point where we were about to stop. Hmm.. We had to walk back a long way so we geared up! Ha HA.. you think so.We had come for bird watching. The place where the bus left us also made sure we would see stick around there... Cause we saw a lot of birds. Right from the Famous COMMON CROW to Kingfisher, Herons, Red Vented Bulbul, Koyals, Magpie Robin and so on! The spot was so engaging we forgot we had a long way to make. I was really Hesitant of moving on from that place. The weather was perfect and the soft bright light was Sparkingly amusing for me ...I guess that's why the birds loved to be there... To say the Sun Hi ...Well, I was in the mood for having fun. We reached JNPT the place where we would apparently bird watch.. But we were at the wrong place... From one bus to another, we reached the state highway and were left stranded with out any birdig sights. We couldn't even ask anyone around cause there was no one around. Poof, There goes our birding down the drain. All of a sudden we see herds of flamingoes a little far away from where we stood. We couldn't go there. So we thought of going to a bus stop ... But , no one knew where it was...! Well, then what?


LIFT... Few of us stood in front of the vehicles on the highway for lift..Thankfully, A Mahindra PIK-up Truck picked us up and we all were happpppy...! It was fun taking a lift and on the road on your own. I felt liberated and free... As the wind was getting stronger my Heavy thoughts flew away and my head was empty.. I was high on life. We reached a bus stop.. Had GARAM ELAICHI CHAI. It was yummy. Till the time we decided what to do now? we saw a bus going to Panvel Which would take us to Karnala which has a bird sanctuary + trekking Free!!! Hmm sounded great. WE skipped the plan of birding at uran. Took The 3rd bus now.. I was sitting in the cabin near the driver's seat. It was fun again. I could see the Road lines going underneath the bus as it caught up speed! I Didn't know why, but i was extremely happy about life. Got all my positive energy back and i was fullly loaded to explore on my own. Well, couldn't do that then. When we reached Panvel Due to some reasons i had to head back home. So i caught a Bus to dadar from there. Few from the group came to drop me. And i was on my own. The whole bus journey made me realise i did all this ie: changed 3-4 buses, caught a train, saw birds, walked , hitchiked in just a matter of 4 hours. SOmething struck me...
I asked my self i can do so much in the given little time Why was i wasting it on doing something i don't want to. Well, Then i realised times never a problem for not doing work ITs your mind. You should always have a healthy mind to do any kind of work.
Let it be anything! I just loved the whole journey back cause i caught up on myself...
And i spotted Yet another ... COMMON CROW! :)

No comments: