Sunday, November 30, 2008

I love to experience!!!

There's something about the forests that I love. I don't really like the whole idea of sleeping during holidays like a Sunday! I like spending it in doing something my way. I love the idea of something new everyday. Something so unique that you want to share it only with a few people . That idea was Exploring the forests. It's not that everyday you get a chance to spot birds like drongos, horn bills etc or insects , reptiles, animals...!
And every time you get into jungle its not the same .. its always DIFFERENT!
After coming back from anna malai trek with Wilson College Nature Club (w.c.n.c) I was high on forest and still am! so much that one of my friends and I thought of going for weekly cycle trails to SGNP (Sanjay Gandhi National Park) in Borivali (E).
We started renting cycles from dahisar and cycled on high way! that road makes you high. When we went the forst time, many people backed out , but , still we went on .. we were 6 and had the time of our lives. Though we didn't finish the trail a few people got tired and all we decided to halt and go back. That was one weekly trail!
The coming week was a little tipsy because of national reasons. Still my friend Ryan calls me and asks me if I wanted to cycle and I said "yes!!!" we asked people and this time many came. We were 7 now, we cycled around 18 kms in total. Experienced a lot ... like Break...
!!
I was riding my cycle slowly was accompanied by a new friend! He used to stop every 5minutes and show me a different spider or a butterfly. I was facinated! I was happy ! While we stopped and rode the others were way too ahead. They waited for us. We took a break and then Ryan and Vallari went back to their homes. 7-2 = u do the math!
we were 5 and all were charged up! started cycling and then it got a little tougher. There were too many high slopes. The rented cycles gave up so we got off and decided to take them for a walk. The slopes got steeper and we were all poof tired! Finally we managed to reach the caves. We decided to lunch there. All exhausted that we were drank water like a camel ! Aditya (one of the 5) invented Dip - Dip HIDE n SEEk... melted cadbusy as a dip and biscuits with it. It was awesome! We now planned to go back cause a few were running late so we headed back. The rented cycles which were resting had to be unlocked. We managed to get 4 cycles unlocked. The 5th just wasn't ready to work. We tried breaking the lock and oiled it. The lock didn't really move ... The key was twisted .. somehow aditya did some trick and it got unlocked! We headed to leave. I was as usual last enjoying . The moment we got onto the slope which was steeping downwards I reached onto my breaks...
They weren't working, here I am cycling down a steep slope downwards and the speed of the cycle is like 50-55 kms/hr. And its a long slope. it just doesn't end. KHUDH... KHUDH.. my cycle was going and my bum died... it was hurting by now. somehow the distance that took us one hour got done in 5 mins, so we relaxed. As I slowed down i heard Sagar saying, "sadhvi wait!!!". I waited and I saw a flat tyre. We walked it up... Met the rest of the gang and continued.We had a great conversation and a great walk.
This is what you call EXPERIENCE. That's why I'd tell you, always hire cycles... Its much fun!!!

2 comments:

Gentle Whispers said...

It was a great trek. We should totally do that again.

Gentle Whispers said...

By the way, this is Lyandra